Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Note from Shannon

As I sit here in my home, emailing at 6:00 in the morning, taking care of last minute questions before the craziness of the sale begins, I think about how thankful I am for all of the consignors and volunteers that make this event what it is. Daven and I feel so blessed by each of you who choose to participate in Just Between Friends.
The Trade Center is almost set up and ready for those consignors who are dropping off this evening (consignors with over 300 clothing items). We are excited to see what you will bring and ready to get this sale underway! The empty Trade Center will be full before you know it and we will all be grabbing those awesome bargains that we are expecting!
Since the sale will begin, in all reality, for me, this evening…I spent a great evening with my kids last night. Football practice and shopping..what could be better? HA! We prayed together night before last for the temperature this week to be in the 80’s or 90’s (we were pretty specific in our request….) and were so thrilled to wake up yesterday to find out that Saturday and Sunday’s (busiest days) temperatures would be 94 and 95 degrees….not the 101 that was earlier forecasted. Please continue to pray about the temperature, as shoppers are more likely to show up and continue shopping if the temperature is not oppressive.

We are looking forward to a great event!
See you soon!
Shannon

No comments: